The pandemic isn’t over. We are all tired of it. Wearing masks indoors in public places is required in St. Paul.
“Amid highly contagious COVID-19 variants, Mayor Melvin Carter signed Executive Order 2022-3 on January 5, 2022, renewing the requirement for face masks to be work indoors:
- Individuals, regardless of vaccine status, at City-Controlled Property: Must wear a face-covering indoors at all times. Employees who are not in a congregate setting and are alone in their assigned workspace may refrain from wearing a face covering.
- Individuals are not required to wear a face-covering while outdoors, unless at an activity specifically designated and posted by the City as requiring a face covering.
- Businesses Licensed by the City of Saint Paul: Must require all Individuals to wear a face-covering indoors at all times when social distancing of at least 6 feet is not maintained, except for temporary removal of face-covering when eating or drinking.
- Athletes, performers, and supporting staff competing or performing at indoor spaces that are licensed or controlled by the City of Saint Paul are not subject to this regulation.
- All Businesses: Strongly encouraged to continue to require that all individuals, regardless of vaccine status, wear a face-covering indoors at all times when social distancing of at least 6 feet is not maintained.
In real estate, we had a kind of protocol in place during most of the first two years of the pandemic. We asked our clients to wear masks when touring houses and we asked that only the buyers or decision makers tour homes in person. There was a whole protocol for sanitizing door knobs for those who believe that doorknobs pose a threat.
Most houses on the market had hand sanitizer and some had masks near the front door.
We had rules about having too many people in the house at a time.
Those rules no longer apply. If you are selling a house or buying a house you may wish to take some precautions. You can ask your agent to wear a mask. Most agents will. You can also request a private showing or even a video tour.
I let my clients know that I am fully vaccinated and boosted and wear a mask when I am in any house but my own.
Let’s have a safe and healthy third year of the pandemic.